Chicken-and-Spinach Phyllo Pie
98% fat free uncooked ground chicken breast
1 medium, diced
1 clove(s), large, minced
Canned tomato sauce
Chopped frozen spinach
10 oz, thawed and squeezed dry
Reduced-fat feta cheese
1 cup(s), crumbled
2 egg white(s), large, lightly beaten
8 sheet(s), thawed (9 x 14 inch)
- Place oven rack in bottom third of oven; preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- To make filling, spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add chicken and onion; cook, breaking apart chicken with wooden spoon, until chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and simmer until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Transfer filling to large bowl. Stir in spinach and feta; stir in egg whites.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet in pie plate; lightly spray with nonstick spray. Keep remaining phyllo covered with damp paper towel and plastic wrap to keep it from drying out. Repeat with 3 of the remaining phyllo sheets, placing corners at different angles and lightly spraying each sheet with nonstick spray. Spoon filling into crust.
- Top filling with remaining 4 phyllo sheets, repeating layering and spraying with nonstick spray. Roll up edges of phyllo toward center to form 1½-inch-wide rim.
- Bake on bottom rack of oven until phyllo is golden brown, 30–35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Serving size: 1 wedge