Chicken and spinach lasagna
Home made marinara sauce
52 oz, or low-fat marinara sauce
1 medium, chopped
98% fat free uncooked ground chicken breast
Fat-free ricotta cheese
2 large, lightly beaten
Uncooked lasagna noodles
Chopped frozen spinach
20 oz, thawed and squeezed dry
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large, deep lasagna pan with cooking spray. Measure 2 cups of marinara sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until almost tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add remaining marinara sauce to skillet and stir until well combined; set aside.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, egg whites, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a large bowl until well combined.
- To assemble lasagna, place 2 cups of reserved marinara sauce on bottom of dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of ricotta mixture, 1/3 of spinach, 1/3 of mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of chicken-sauce mixture; repeat layers ending with chicken-sauce mixture. (Make sure to spread ingredients to edge of noodles.)
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake lasagna for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly, about 20 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.