Beef Tenderloin with Cauliflower Mash and Red Wine Jus
2 fl oz, (1/4 cup)
10 spear(s), medium
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef tenderloin
12 oz, two 6oz portions, room temperature
1 pinch, smoked variety
½ head(s), small, chopped fine
1 small, thinly sliced
Fat-free beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, oil the asparagus and add the salt and thyme. Lay out evenly on prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- Brush steak with oil and season with salt and smoked paprika. Heat 1 tsp oil in non-stick pan. Sear steak, about 2 minutes each side. Remove steak from pan and place onto baking sheet with the asparagus. Set saute pan aside
- Place baking sheet in the oven and roast, about 12-15 min (Depending on thickness).
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a medium sized pot. Add the chopped cauliflower, salt, thyme, and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water increase the heat. Bring to a boil and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower, steak, and asparagus are cooking, prepare the sauce. Heat the small saute pan used earlier on medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots to the pan and saute 1-2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with red wine, allow time to reduce. Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. Let broth reduce further, about 5-7 minutes. Swirl in the butter. Set aside.
- Remove steak/asparagus from oven. Set aside to rest.
- Drain cauliflower. Reserve cooking liquid. Mash cauliflower to desired consistency, adding cooking liquid if needed.
- Plate 1 cup mashed cauliflower. Lay the asparagus on top. Place the steak on top of the asparagus. Spoon sauce over steak.