Beef and Scallion Bites
Low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp(s), fresh, grated
Uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
12 oz, cut into twenty-four 1-inch cubes
8 medium, white and light green parts only, cut into twenty-four 1-inch pieces
- In a cup, stir together soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey; pour all but 1 tablespoon soy mixture into a resealable plastic bag (or glass bowl). Add beef to bag (or bowl); seal bag and turn to coat beef (or stir beef in bowl and cover). Refrigerate beef for at least 6 hours but up to 24 hours.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add scallions and increase heat to high; cook scallions, tossing gently, until light golden in spots, but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Remove scallions to a plate; drizzle with reserved tablespoon of marinade and set aside.
- Off heat, coat same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add beef; discard marinade. Increase heat to medium-high and cook beef, flipping occasionally, until cooked through and lightly browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- To serve, skewer 1 piece beef and 1 piece scallion on each of 24 wooden tooth picks or small skewers.
- Yields 3 skewers per serving