Welcome to WW Freestyle™! Our newest program makes deciding what to eat much easier, encourages you to move for pleasure (not just because you “should”), and gives you skills that help you change the thoughts that hold you back.
How WW Freestyle Works
On WW Freestyle, all foods are yours for the eating and enjoying; you choose based on their SmartPoints value, your SmartPoints Budget (the amount of SmartPoints you have to spend)—and what you’re in the mood for.
The SmartPoints System Focuses on Health, Not Just Calories
Every food and drink has a SmartPoints value: one easy-to-use number that’s based on four components: calories, saturated fat, sugar, and protein.
- You get a SmartPoints Budget to spend on any food you like.
- Calories establish the baseline of how many SmartPoints values the food is worth.
- Saturated fat and sugar increase the SmartPoints value. Protein lowers the SmartPoints value.
Not all calories are created equal. Each of these breakfasts has 300 calories, but the SmartPoints values are very different.
The SmartPoints system takes complex nutritional information and distills it down to one simple to use number, gently guiding you toward healthier choices.
Understanding Your SmartPoints Budget
When you joined WW, you were given a number of SmartPoints to “spend” on any food and drink that you want. This is your Daily SmartPoints Budget, and it’s formulated to make sure that you get sufficient nutrition while still losing weight.
- Your Daily SmartPoints Budget is determined by your age, height, weight, and gender. It may change as you make progress.
- You do not need to track foods that have a SmartPoints value of zero.
- By mixing and matching foods that have SmartPoints with foods that are zero, you’ll always have room in your Budget for a tasty and satisfying meal.
- Your Weekly SmartPoints Budget is a bank of extra SmartPoints you can use as a cushion if you go over your daily Budget. They reset (you guessed it!) every week.
Use Rollovers For Extra Flexibility
When it comes to eating, Mondays are usually pretty different from Saturdays. Rollovers give you the flexibility to use fewer SmartPoints one day and roll over up to four into your weekly Budget for a day when you need them.
There are certain foods that form the foundation for a healthy eating pattern, and we believe that you should be able to eat those foods freely without worrying about blowing your SmartPoints Budget.
Foods designated as ZeroPoints foods do not need to be tracked, weighed, or measured. This lets you spend less time planning, tracking, and counting, and more time enjoying food and your life.
The best part? In clinical trials, members saw great weight loss even without tracking zero Points foods.
ZeroPoint foods include:
- Skinless chicken breast
- Skinless turkey breast
- Nonfat, unsweetened yogurt
- Beans, peas, lentils, tofu, and corn
- All seafood like shrimp, lobster, mussels, oysters
Do What Moves You
WW Freestyle encourages you to move more for pleasure–not just because you “should.” Doing what you enjoy is the key to making activity part of your life. And when combined with eating better, increasing your activity can lead to 20% greater weight loss than changing your eating habits alone.
If fitness isn’t already a part of your regular routine, we’ll help you find activities you love so you can make moving more a healthy habit. If you’re already active, we’ll help you set goals and find challenges to keep you going strong.
Change the Thoughts That Hold You Back
With WW Freestyle, we’ll offer member-tested and backed-by-science techniques to help you change the thoughts that hold you back. You’ll reconnect with your “why,” so that you never lose sight of what sparked you to make a healthy change and learn skills that can help you stay motivated for the long haul. These are techniques you can keep coming back to again and again to see how you’re evolving and growing.