|Prep Time: 0:05||Cook Time: 0:10||Serves: 1|
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 2 cup(s) fresh cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp ginger root
- 1 gm star anise, 1 item
- 1 item(s) whole cloves
- 1 medium orange(s), juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp water
- 4 fl oz ginger beer
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 medium fresh lime(s), cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup(s) ice cube(s)
- 1 fl oz vodka
- Set a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the cranberries, ginger, star anise, and clove and allow to simmer, until the cranberries break down, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the cranberry mixture from the heat and stir in the orange zest, orange juice and water. Allow to cool slightly, then pass through a fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds, skins and herbs. Reserve the compote for the cocktail.
- In a traditional copper mule cup muddle 1 Tbsp cranberry compote with the vodka, mint leaves, and lime wedges. Top with ice and ginger beer