Warm Moroccan lamb salad
1 tbs, chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
Pumpkin, butternut, raw
500 g, cut into 3cm pieces
Lean lamb fillet
400 g, fat trimmed, (buy 500g)
1 tsp, lightly toasted
Mixed salad leaves
Roasted capsicum, not in oil
150 g, thinly sliced
½ small, thinly sliced
Chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine chopped coriander, garlic, 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning and 2 teaspoons each of both the oil and juice in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin on prepared tray. Sprinkle with cumin and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, turning, for 8–10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Combine salad leaves, capsicum, onion, chickpeas and coriander leaves in a large bowl. Whisk remaining Moroccan seasoning, oil and juice in a small bowl until combined. Add dressing, lamb and pumpkin to salad and toss gently to combine. Serve with lemon wedges.