- 1 individual reduced-fat puff pastry, (170g) just thawed
- 1 1/2 tbs gelatine
- 2 cup(s) Custard, vanilla, reduced-fat, (500ml)
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line base and sides of a 24cm x 7cm (base measurement) loaf tin with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang the two long sides.
- Cut pastry into two 24.5cm x 8cm rectangles. Discard remaining pastry. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pastry rectangles on prepared tray and top with a sheet of baking paper weighed down with another baking tray. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove top baking tray and paper. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place 100ml warm water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatine. Whisk until combined. Place custard in a large jug and whisk in gelatine mixture until smooth.
- Place one cooked pastry sheet into prepared tin and pour over custard. Top with remaining pastry sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Cut into 4 pieces and serve dusted with sugar.
TIP: You can use low-fat chocolate custard instead of vanilla.