30 g, porcini variety
Prosciutto fat trimmed
8 slice(s), (100g)
Extra lean beef mince
180 g, button variety, finely chopped
½ small, grated
Light jarlsberg cheese
4 slice(s), (4 x 15g slices)
1 small, (4 slices)
White bread roll
4 medium, (4 x 50g), toasted
1 cup(s), (4 leaves)
¼ small, (4 slices)
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Stand for 15 minutes, or until mushrooms soften. Drain, rinse, pat dry with paper towel and finely chop.
- Meanwhile, place 4 slices prosciutto in a single layer between paper towels and microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until prosciutto is partially cooked but still flexible. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining 4 slices prosciutto.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, both types of mushrooms and onion and season with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 thick patties.
- Crisscross 2 strips prosciutto across each patty, tucking the ends underneath.
- Line a large non-stick frying pan with a silicone liner or baking paper. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook burgers, prosciutto ends down, turning once for 6 minutes each side or cooked to your liking. Top each burger with a slice of cheese, cover pan for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Season tomato with salt. Place 1 burger on each roll base, top with tomato, lettuce, onion and roll tops.