Turkish delight rosewater marshmallows
1½ cup(s), 330g
¼ cup(s), 90g
Middle Eastern Restaurant Turkish delight
125 g, rose flavour, finely chopped
½ cup(s), 80g
¼ tsp, (rosewater)
¼ tsp, (rose pink food colouring)
- Combine the caster sugar, glucose and ½ cup of (125ml) water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the gelatine and 2/3 cup (160ml) of water in a jug. Add the gelatine mixture to the hot syrup. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the gelatine dissolves. Pour the mixture into a large heatproof bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a 32cm x 18cm (top measurement) rectangular tin with oil. Line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing paper to hang over the 2 long sides.
- Using electric beaters, beat the gelatine mixture on high speed for 10 minutes or until very thick.
- Place the Turkish delight in a bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons of the cornflour to prevent sticking.
- Add the rosewater and food colouring to the gelatine mixture and beat until combined. Quickly stir in the Turkish delight. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Set aside for 1 hour or until set. Sift together the remaining cornflour and icing sugar.
- Transfer the marshmallow to a board. Dust a little cornflour mixture over a sharp knife and cut the marshmallow into 48 squares. Toss the marshmallows in the remaining cornflour mixture and store in an airtight container.