Tomato and basil terrine
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Try this traditional Italian flavoured terrine at your next dinner party. Its strong, rich flavours will make you wanting more!
1500 g, (Roma) cored
Dip, chunky basil with cashew and parmesan
2 tbs, (40 leaves)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, cut a cross in the base of each tomato. Add tomatoes to the water and cook for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer tomatoes to a bowl of iced water. Cool, then peel and discard skins. Quarter tomatoes, then remove seeds.
- Line a 1.5 litre (6-cup) capacity loaf tin with plastic wrap, extending 5cm over the edges of tin. Combine dip and half the oil in a small bowl.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut-side up, to cover base of tin. Season. Top with 8 basil leaves and 1 tablespoon of the dip mixture. Repeat layers until all tomatoes and basil leaves are used, making sure you season as you go. Drizzle with the remaining dip.
- Fold over plastic wrap to enclose. Place tin in a rimmed baking tray. Weigh down terrine, using a loaf tin filled with water or cans of vegetables, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours (or up to 48 hours).
- Unwrap, drain off any liquid and invert terrine onto a serving plate. Discard wrap. Slice terrine and place on serving plates. Drizzle with the remaining oil and season.