Tofu and vegie patties
1 large, grated
1 medium, grated
½ medium, finely chopped
2 individual, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
Silken firm tofu
300 g, silken
Cooked brown rice
1 cup(s), (170g)
⅓ cup(s), (50g)
1 medium, lightly beaten
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
Mixed salad leaves
2 cup(s), (60g)
- Squeeze grated carrot and zucchini in paper towel. Place in a large bowl with capsicum, shallots and curry powder. Drain tofu on paper towel, then coarsely grate and add to bowl.
- Add rice. Process mixture with a stick blender until bound together but not smooth. Add flour and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop 40g quantities of mixture into pan, in batches.
- Cook patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repeat to make 24 patties in total. Cook lemon wedges on each side for 30 seconds or until charred.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges. Garnish with extra shallots.