Slow-cooker Italian-style beef pot roast
Trimmed beef topside roast
1 medium, quartered, thinly sliced
3 clove(s), crushed
1 tbs, porcini variety, finely chopped
3 tsp, chopped
Canned diced tomatoes
1 can(s), (1 x 400g can)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbs, (8 sprigs), tied together with kitchen string
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Place beef on a plate and rub with flour.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-heat. Add beef and cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a 4.5 litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to same pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, porcini and rosemary and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer onion mixture to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes and parsley sprigs and season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours). Remove and discard parsley sprigs. Transfer beef to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, pour pan liquid and vegetables into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced to about 2 cups (500ml).
- Serve beef with sauce and vegetables.