1 hr 15 min
Classic Quiche Lorraine done our way!
Reduced-fat shortcrust pastry
1 sheet(s), (1x180g) just thawed
125 g, fat trimmed, finely chopped
1 cup(s), (250ml)
Extra light cheddar cheese
⅔ cup(s), grated, (60g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a 22cm fluted round, loose-base flan tin with oil.
- Line tin with pastry and trim edges. Cover the pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 5 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180°C. Whisk the eggs and milk in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon bacon into pastry case. Pour egg mixture over bacon. Bake quiche for 35-40 minutes or until filling is set and golden. Cut into slices to serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of mixed salad leaves, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocado, drizzled with balsamic vinegar.