Poached fruit pavlova
Apple juice no added sugar
2 medium, peeled, cored, cut into chunky wedges
3 medium, peeled, cored, cut into chunky wedges
4 large, stones removed. cut into quarters
4 medium, quartered
99% fat-free, plain or natural yoghurt, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a large clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until sugar has dissolved. When meringue looks smooth and glossy, add vinegar and cornflour, and beat for 1 minute to combine.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spoon meringue onto tray, shaping it into a 24cm circle. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, then turn off oven and leave meringue inside to cool completely with door ajar.
- Meanwhile combine apple juice, cinnamon and star anise in a large saucepan over low heat and bring to the boil.
- Add apples, pears and plums. Simmer for 20 minutes or until fruit is tender, adding blackberries and figs for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove fruit from pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl. Continue cooking liquid until it reduces to a sticky syrup. Discard cinnamon stick and star anise and pour syrup over fruit.
- Top pavlova with yoghurt and spoon over poached fruit. Serve.