Mini chocolate eclairs
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Light and luscious, these little eclairs are a heavenly treat, just perfect for special occasions.
Reduced fat oil spread
⅔ cup(s), (100g)
1 tsp, powdered variety
⅔ cup(s), thick, (165g)
Dark chocolate melts
50 g, melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine oil spread and ⅓ cup (80 ml) water in a small saucepan. Heat over high heat and bring to the boil. Stir in flour all at once, beating with a wooden spoon for 1 minute or until mixture comes away from the side of the pan to form a smooth ball. Transfer dough to a heatproof bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using electric beaters, beat in eggs, one at a time, until thick and glossy. Transfer mixture to a reusable piping bag fitted with a 1 cm round nozzle.
- Pipe sixteen 7 cm lengths of mixture, at least 2.5 cm apart, onto prepared trays. Bake, swapping trays halfway through, for 15 minutes or until golden. Turn oven off. Leave eclairs in oven, with door closed, for 2 hours to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine gelatine and 1 tablespoon boiling water in a heatproof jug. Stir with a fork until gelatine has dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Transfer custard to a small bowl and whisk in gelatine mixture until combined. Cover with plastic wrap (see tips) and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cut eclairs in half lengthways. Top each base with 2 teaspoons custard. Spread melted chocolate over eclair tops and place over bases. Set aside until chocolate is just set before serving.
TIP: For best results, have the trays, piping bags and nozzles prepared and ready before you begin. Eclairs can be filled and topped with chocolate up to 3 hours ahead. Keep in a container in the fridge until ready to serve. You can recycle plastic wrap and other soft plastics at major supermarkets.