Millet salad with Cuban spiced chicken
¾ cup(s), (150g), rinsed, drained
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
1 tbs, chopped
Chicken thigh, skinless, raw
540 g, (4x150g thigh fillets), fat trimmed
1 bunch(es), halved crossways
Sugar snap peas
150 g, thinly sliced
200 g, halved
80 g, baby
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook millet, stirring, for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add cumin and 1½ cups (375ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid has absorbed and millet is almost tender. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chilli, garlic, coriander, half the juice and half the oil in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and asparagus for 3–4 minutes each side or until asparagus is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place sugar snaps in a medium bowl and cover with bowling water. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine millet, asparagus, tomatoes, sugar snaps, rocket and remaining juice and oil in a large bowl. Serve salad topped with chicken.