Marmalade steam puddings
These sweet steamed puddings are packed with zesty orange flavour. Serve with orange segments for that extra burst of freshness
Reduced fat oil spread
2 tbs, (75g)
½ tsp, finely grated
White self-raising flour
½ cup(s), (150g)
2 tbs, (80ml)
1½ tbs, (85g)
2 medium, segmented
- Lightly spray eight ½-cup (125ml) capacity dariole moulds or ovenproof dishes with oil. Line the bases with baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the spread, sugar and orange rind for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined. Sift the flour over the mixture. Add the milk and fold until just combined.
- Divide the marmalade between the moulds and top with the pudding mixture. Cut eight 15cm squares of baking paper and foil. Place the paper on the foil and fold to form a pleat in the centre. Place over the moulds, foil-side up, then tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Place moulds in a large saucepan. Pour boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of moulds. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Carefully lift each mould from the water. Stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Remove the foil and paper and turn onto serving plates. Serve with orange segments.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Light cream.