Lemon chicken with broccoli
Raw skinless chicken breast
360 g, fillets, thinly sliced
Chicken stock cube
1 individual, add 1½ cups boiling water
1 clove(s), crushed
4 cup(s), (380g)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, coarsely chopped
- Place 1 tablespoon flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a fresh plate.
- Put 1 cup chicken stock and garlic in same uncleaned pan; bring to the boil, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli, cover and cook 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir together remaining stock, flour and add to pan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook 1½ minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp and sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in chicken and lemon zest and heat through.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice and toss to coat.