Lamb, ricotta and eggplant tray bake
- 2 tsp Paprika, smoked
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 4 baby fresh eggplant, halved lengthways
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 320 g baby potato, (chat) halved
- 320 g lamb steak, Buy 4x100g steaks. fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat ricotta cheese, (120g)
Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Combine paprika, oregano and rosemary in a small bowl.
Spoon tomatoes over base of a large baking dish. Place eggplant, capsicum, onion and potato over tomato. Sprinkle with half the paprika mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
Meanwhile, sprinkle lamb with remaining paprika mixture. Place lamb on vegetable mixture. Scatter over ricotta and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking and vegetables are tender. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with vegetables and ricotta.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Baby spinach leaves, drizzled with lemon juice. TIP: You can use green beans instead of capsicum.