Hash brown egg tarts
1 hr 5 min
Inspired by the humble hash brown comes these tasty little egg tarts in a grated potato shell, sounds like a pretty tasty way to start your day.
400 g, (2 x 200g), peeled, halved crossways
Grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), (20g)
1 tbs, chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray 4 holes of a large non-stick muffin tin (200ml capacity) and line each base with a small round of baking paper.
- Add potato to a pan of boiling water and cook for 8 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Coarsely grate potato and place in a large bowl. Add parmesan and season. Mix until well combined. Divide evenly between prepared muffin tin holes and press to line tins evenly. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and carefully crack an egg into each potato case. Bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until egg is just set. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Run a knife around each tart and carefully lift from pan. Serve with tomatoes and sprinkle with chives. Season with pepper.