7 - 10
PersonalPoints™ per serving
This hearty meal is packed with protein and vitamins to keep you full until lunch, without weighing you down
8 small, cut into 2cm pieces
250 g, halved
Baked beans in tomato sauce
8 slice(s), (8 x 25g slices)
2 bunch(es), trimmed
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until just tender. Drain. Place on prepared tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add tomatoes for last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, place baked beans in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
- Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, turning, for 4–5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cover to keep warm. Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender. Drain.
- Half-f ill a large frying pan with water and bring to a simmer. Carefully crack 1 egg into a small cup. Carefully slide egg out of cup into the water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Poach eggs gently for 1–2 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks remain soft. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Grill or toast bread on both sides until lightly browned. Top toast with poached eggs and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with baked beans, bacon, asparagus and roasted potatoes and tomatoes.