apple juice no added sugar
2 medium, (peeled, cored, cut into chunky wedges)
3 medium, peeled, cored, cut into chunky wedges
4 large, stones removed, cut into quarters
4 medium, quartered
sponge finger biscuits
30 g, crumbled
250 g, ready made
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
5 piece(s), (25g) chopped
- Add apples, pears and plums. Simmer for 20 minutes or until fruit is tender, adding blackberries and figs for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Combine apple juice, cinnamon and star anise in a large saucepan over low heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove fruit from pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl. Continue cooking liquid until it reduces to a sticky syrup. Discard cinnamon stick and star anise and pour syrup over fruit. Allow to cold.
- Line base of a serving bowl with sponge-finger biscuits. Spoon over poached fruit. Sprinkle with amaretti biscuits and drizzle with port. Spoon over custard and chill, covered, in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Spoon yoghurt over custard layer and top with ginger. Cover and chill until ready to serve.