Dark chocolate avocado cake
90 g, chopped
1 cup(s), (150g)
½ cup(s), (45g)
Bicarbonate of soda
¾ cup(s), (165g)
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
1 cup(s), (240g)
½ medium, chopped
Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
1 tsp, extra, to serve
99% fat-free plain natural yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g), extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 20cm (base measurement) round cake tin with oil and line base and side with baking paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until melted. Cool slightly.
- Stir flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Process yoghurt and avocado in a food processor until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and pulse until just combined. Add avocado mixture and melted chocolate to flour mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set cake aside in tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Dust with cocoa powder and serve with a dollop of yoghurt.