Classic baked cheesecake with mango and passionfruit
Reduced fat oil spread
50 g, melted
Extra light cream cheese
220 g, at room temperature
Granulated stevia sweetener
½ cup(s), (110g)
Vanilla bean extract
2 medium, at room temperature, separated
Light sour cream
250 ml, at room temperature
1 large, cheeks removed, thinly sliced
2 tbs, pulp
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Lightly spray a 20cm round springform tin with oil and line the base and side with baking paper.
- Using a food processor, process the biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the spread and process until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over the base of the prepared tin. Place the tin on a baking tray and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Add the egg yolks, cornflour, sour cream and juice and beat until combined.
- Using clean electric beaters, beat the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into the cheesecake mixture in 2 batches. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes or until almost firm to touch in the centre. Turn off oven. Leave the cheesecake in oven, with door slightly ajar, to cool completely. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to set.
- Arrange the mango slices over the cheesecake and drizzle with passionfruit. Set aside to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.