Chocolate hazelnut meringue stack
1½ cup(s), (330g)
20 g, (2 tbs, coarsely chopped)
Chocolate hazelnut spread
¼ cup(s), (60g)
Low fat chocolate mousse
Chocolate coated malt bites
1 packet(s), snack pack, (1 x 40g packet)
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Draw three 20cm diameter circles on the baking paper.
- Reserve one third of the strawberries, cut in half. Thinly slice the rest. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Add cocoa and use a metal spoon to gently fold until lightly marbled (being careful not to over-stir)Divide the mixture evenly among the baking paper circles and spread with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle each disc with hazelnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour or until firm and dry to the touch. Turn oven off and leave the meringues inside the oven to cool with the door slightly ajar.
- Meanwhile, combine the Nutella and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until smooth and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place 1 meringue disc on a serving plate. Place 2 of the chocolate mousses in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spread the mousse evenly over the meringue. Top with half the sliced strawberries. Drizzle over a little of the Nutella sauce. Repeat with second meringue layer, remaining mousse, the remaining sliced strawberries and a little Nutella sauce. Top with the third meringue disc, reserved halved strawberries, Nutella sauce and the Maltesers.