Chocolate black bean cake
Reduced fat oil spread
105 g, including 5g for greasing
Canned black beans, rinsed, drained
1 400g can
Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
Bicarbonate of soda
Milk chocolate block
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease an 18cm cake tin with 5g spread and line with baking paper.
- Put the black beans, 3 of the eggs, and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Using electric beaters, beat together remaining spread and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add black bean mixture to the bowl and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in tin for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Place white and milk chocolate in 2 separate small microwave-safe bowls and microwave each one for 30 seconds or until chocolate has melted. Drizzle over the cake. Leave to set, then serve.