Chocolate and berry trifle
low-fat ricotta cheese
vanilla bean paste
canned black cherries in syrup
1 cup(s), (56 cherries, drained, reserve 1 1/3 cups jucie)
2 tbs, (marsala)
sponge finger biscuits
8 individual, (savoiardi)
Pauls Mousse, Chocolate, Low Fat
- Whisk the ricotta in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in the custard and vanilla paste until combined.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups (330ml) of reserved cherry juice and marsala in a shallow bowl.
- Place 6 cherries in each serving glass. Dip each biscuit into the cherry syrup until the juice is well absorbed. Break into chunks and place in the glass over the cherries. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.
- Spoon over the custard mixture. Stir the chocolate mousse to make it smooth and spoon it into the glasses. Cover and place in the fridge for 3–4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate each trifle with a cherry on top to serve.