Chilli salt tofu with asian noodle salad
Silken firm tofu
Dry rice noodles
Chinese cabbage (wombok)
1 cup(s), (1/2 whole) finely shredded
1 medium, cut into matchsticks
1 medium, thinly sliced
3 individual, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), (80g)
2 tbs, chinese black variety
1 tbs, flakes
Dried chilli flakes
1 tsp, dried
¼ cup(s), (35g)
- Pat the tofu dry with kitchen paper. Cut each piece into 8 pieces. Place in a single layer on kitchen paper. Cover the tofu pieces with more kitchen paper, pressing down gently. Set aside for 5 minutes to stand.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles following packet instructions or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the wombok, carrot, capsicum, shallot and sprouts and toss to combine. Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pound the salt and chilli flakes in a mortar with a pestle until finely ground. Combine the salt mixture in a large bowl with the flour. Add the tofu and toss to coat in mixture. Shake off excess salt mixture.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the peanut oil and heat for 10 seconds. Gently stir-fry the tofu pieces, in batches, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Add the dressing to the noodle salad and gently toss to combine. Serve the salad with the tofu.