Chicken tikka with turmeric quinoa and cucumber sambal
Skinless chicken drumstick
1920 g, (Buy 24x100g) lovely legs
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
1 cup(s), (260g)
Tikka masala paste
¼ cup(s), (75g)
Fresh lemon rind
3 medium, (3 x large), finely chopped
4 clove(s), crushed
2½ cup(s), (500g) tri-colour quinoa, rinsed, drained
Salt reduced chicken stock
2 cup(s), (500ml)
450 g, trimmed, sliced
Frozen green peas
3 medium, deseeded, finely chopped
Coconut, grated and desiccated
40 g, toasted shredded coconut
- Cut 2-3 slashes in each chicken leg. Combine yoghurt, curry paste and lemon rind in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place 2 wire racks over 2 large baking trays lined with foil. Place chicken on racks. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Swap trays halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add two-thirds of the onion and cook, stirring, for 6-7 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add quinoa, stock and 2 cups (500ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, steam beans and peas over a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Add to quinoa and stir to combine.
- Combine cucumber, coriander, coconut, lemon juice, remaining oil and remaining onion in a bowl. Season. Serve chicken with quinoa and cucumber sambal.