Chicken, spinach and green peppercorn terrine
streaky bacon rasher raw
375 g, (buy 375g) fat trimmed
frozen boiled spinach, drained
450 g, thawed and chopped
chicken breast mince
55 g, canned in brine, rinsed and drained
fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 cup(s), finely chopped
1 medium, lightly beaten
fresh lemon rind
1 tbs, grated
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 24.5cm x 7cm (5-cup capacity) terrine dish with oil. Reserve 2–3 slices of bacon. Line base and sides of dish with remaining bacon.
- Combine spinach, mince, peppercorns, parsley, thyme, egg, rind and juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Place reserved bacon over chicken mixture, overlapping slightly. Cover with foil.
- Place terrine dish in a baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up sides of terrine. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Remove dish from water. Uncover and drain any excess liquid from terrine. Cover with foil and place on a tray. Top with heavy weights (such as cans) and place in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Place potatoes on prepared tray. Using a potato masher, lightly crush potatoes. Drizzle potatoes with oil and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Carefully remove terrine from dish. Cut into 12 slices. Serve with crushed potatoes and salad leaves, drizzled with vinegar.