Chicken, roasted pumpkin, spinach and feta filo parcels
750 g, (Japanese), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
1 medium, thinly sliced
skinless chicken breast
360 g, (buy 400g), fat trimmed, cut into 1.5cm pieces
reduced fat feta cheese
100 g, crumbled
uncooked filo pastry
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, in a single layer, on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and cook, turning, for 3–4 minutes or until browned. Add cumin, paprika and honey and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Place spinach in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 1 minute or until wilted. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well and squeeze out excess water. Roughly chop.
- Combine roasted pumpkin, chicken mixture, spinach and feta in a large bowl. Lightly spray 1 sheet of filo with oil. Top with another sheet of filo and spray with a little more oil. Fold stack in half crossways. Place one-quarter of the chicken mixture along 1 long edge of filo. Fold in ends of filo and roll to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining filo and chicken mixture to make 4 parcels.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place parcels on prepared tray, lightly spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve.