Chicken cobb salad with creamy avocado dressing
½ cup(s), leaves
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60g)
2 tsp, finely grated
1 tsp, (chilli paste)
½ small, finely chopped
Skinless chicken breast
1500 g, (1.5kg)
2 tbs, jerk
12 cup(s), roughly chopped (720g)
Heart of palm
1 can(s), drained, sliced ( 1 x 400g)
Frozen corn kernels
2 cup(s), thawed (240g)
Canned pineapple in natural juice, drained
1½ cup(s), chopped (405g)
2 cup(s), halved (320g)
6 medium, chopped
1 large, chopped
1 medium, chopped
- In a food processor or blender, place avocado, coriander, ½ cup (125ml) water, yoghurt, rind and juice, garlic and sambal oelek and process until smooth. Season to taste with lime, salt and pepper (dressing can be made up to 8 hours in advance).
- Soak onion in a small bowl of ice water. Stand for 10 minutes then drain and squeeze dry with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high heat. Combine chicken with oil and jerk seasoning until well coated. Chargrill, turning once, 6 minutes each side, or until grill marks appear and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Place lettuce on a large platter and arrange hearts of palm, corn, pineapple, tomato, radish, capsicum, cucumber and red onion in separate rows. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Slice chicken on the diagonal and arrange over vegetables. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.