Chicken and spinach risotto
Skinless chicken breast
270 g, (buy 300g), thinly sliced
Salt reduced chicken stock
2 cup(s), (500ml)
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Rice, arborio, dry
Anchovy fillets in oil, drained
4 medium, finely chopped
Dried chilli flakes
Baby spinach leaves
Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat half the oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the chicken, stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, place the stock and 2 cups (500ml) water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until required.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the rice, anchovies and chilli and stir to coat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is opaque.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add hot stock mixture, a ladle (½ cup/125ml) at a time, stirring constantly, for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir the chicken and spinach into the risotto mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until chicken is heated through and spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with the parmesan.