Charsiu barbecue pork with gailan
Chinese five spice
1 clove(s), crushed
Reduced salt soy sauce
Lean pork fillet
480 g, (buy 600g)
200 g, trimmed
Sugar snap peas
150 g, trimmed
1 bunch(es), (chinese broccoli), trimmed, cut into 6 cm lengths
Fresh red chilli
1 whole, sliced, to garnish
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine the honey, five spice, garlic and half the soy sauce and hoisin sauce in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the porkand turn to coat. Cover and place in thefridge to marinate for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook the pork fillet for1 minute each side, or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray lined with foil.
- Bake the pork for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover the pork with foil and set aside torest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, steam the snow peas, sugar snap peas and gai lan over a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Combine the remaining soy sauce and hoisinsauce in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the pork with half the sauce mixture. Serve the pork with the vegetables, chilli and the remaining sauce mixture.