Carrot cake bars
Reduced fat oil spread
Rolled oats, dry
2½ cup(s), (225g)
2 medium, lightly beaten
2 medium, coarsely grated
¼ cup(s), (45g)
1 tsp, finely grated
Light cream cheese
2 tbs, spreadable
Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with oil and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Heat 100g reduced-fat oil spread and 1 tablespoon golden syrup in a large saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat. Add 2½ cups (225g) rolled oats, 2 lightly beaten eggs, 2 coarsely grated carrots, ¼ cup
- (45g) sultanas, 1 teaspoon mixed spice and 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slice
- in tin for 30 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Meanwhile, to make cream cheese glaze, whisk
- 2 tablespoons spreadable light cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, whisk until smooth, then whisk in 1-2 teaspoons skim milk to form a drizzling
- consistency. Drizzle glaze over slice. Cut into 20 bars.