Beef burger with balsamic caramelised onions and sweet potato fries
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
2 medium, thinly sliced
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
Extra lean beef mince
Wholemeal bread roll
2 medium, halved, toasted
1 medium, cut into ribbons
Mixed salad leaves
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut sweet potato into 1.5cm chips. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange chips in a single layer on tray. Lightly spray with oil. Toss to combine. Rearrange chips in a single layer. Bake 15 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring for a further 5 minutes or until caramelised.
- Combine the yoghurt and horseradish cream in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place mince in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Divide mince into four portions and shape into patties. Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Place half a bread roll on each plate. Top with cucumber, mixed leaves, 1 beef patty, caramelised onion and a spoonful of horseradish yoghurt. Serve with the fries and remaining horseradish yoghurt on the side.