Beef and black bean burgers
5 individual, sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
Extra lean beef mince
Canned black beans, rinsed, drained
150 g, lightly crushed
Coleslaw, without dressing
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
White wine vinegar
2 tbs, finely chopped
Wholemeal bread roll
4 medium, (4 x 50g rolls), split
1 medium, sliced
Pickled gherkin, drained
1 individual, sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in smoked paprika and cumin, cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add mince, mustard and beans to shallot mixture in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using hands with food handling gloves, combine mince mixture. Shape into 4 patties. Transfer to a plate and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush patties with oil, and fry for 3-4 minutes each side. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, add coleslaw mix to a large bowl. In a jug, whisk yoghurt, vinegar and chives until combined. Season with salt and pepper, then toss dressing through the coleslaw.
- Top each bun base with tomatoes, gherkins, lettuce, burger patties, coleslaw and bun top. Serve any extra coleslaw on the side.