Barbecued flank steak with braised vegetables
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
lean beef rump steak
400 g, (Buy 500g), fat trimmed
Beef stock, liquid, salt-reduced
½ cup(s), (125 ml)
reduced fat oil spread
8 individual, halved lengthways (1 bunch)
2 bunch(es), halved crossways
1 bunch(es), halved lengthways
1 clove(s), crushed
1 tbs, plus extra to serve
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Pour vinegar into a shallow dish. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove beef from vinegar. Transfer vinegar to a small saucepan with stock and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce has reduced by half (see note).
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over high heat. Cook beef for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, melt spread in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook carrots with 2 tablespoons water, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add asparagus, broccolini, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Drizzle beef with sauce and serve with vegetables and extra thyme.