Barbecued beef with beetroot and Persian feta salad
Lean beef sirloin steak
352 g, (buy 2 x 220g steaks)
2 bunch(es), baby variety
1 x 3 second spray(s)
2 bunch(es), halved lengthways
⅓ cup(s), (65g)
4 individual, thinly sliced
⅓ cup(s), torn
Marinated feta cheese
100 g, persian
1 tbs, (reserved from marinated feta)
- Preheat a hooded barbecue to 200°C. Trim beetroot, leaving 2cm of stalks attached. Place beetroot on a large sheet of foil. Wrap foil to enclose beetroot. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until tender (see note). When cool enough to handle, peel and discard skin and cut into wedges. Cover to keep warm.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Lightly spray with oil and cook, uncovered, for 3–4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover steaks with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, cook asparagus, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until just tender.
- Place couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Add 2/3 cup (160ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains.
- Divide couscous, radish, beetroot, beef and asparagus among serving plates. Sprinkle with mint and feta. Serve drizzled with reserved feta oil.