Baked vegetarian spring rolls
2 clove(s), finely chopped
2 medium, coarsley grated
¼ half, (Chinese cabbage) finely shredded
3 individual, thinly sliced
300 g, fresh, finely chopped
2 tbs, (5cm piece) finely grated
vermicelli rice noodles
fresh red chilli
1 whole, small, deseeded, thinly sliced
uncooked filo pastry
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, carrot, cabbage, shallot, mushroom and three-quarters of the ginger. Stir-fry for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and allow to cool in fridge.
- Prepare noodles following packet instructions. Use kitchen scissors to cut into 5cm lengths. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Combine remaining soy sauce with chilli, and 1 tablespoon water in a small dish.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cover filo with a damp tea towel to prevent it from drying out. Working with 1 sheet at a time, fold filo in half crossways. Place a level one-quarter cupful of noodle mixture in the centre of the strip, leaving a 2cm border. Fold sides over noodle mixture and roll up to enclose. Repeat with remaining filo and noodle mixture to make 20 rolls. Place on prepared tray.
- Lightly spray rolls with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden. Serve with the dipping sauce.