Apricot and almond streusel
Apricot, canned in natural juice, drained
Reduced fat oil spread
⅔ cup(s), (100g)
35 g, (1/4 cup)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
280 g, (1 cup)
1 large, well mashed
White self-raising flour
1 cup(s), (150g)
Wholemeal self-raising flour
Bicarbonate of soda
1 cup(s), (220g)
- Place the apricot on kitchen paper, cut-side down, to drain excess moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 30cm x 25cm baking tin with oil and line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing the paper to extend 5cm over the edges.
- To make the topping, rub the canola spread into the plain flour in a medium bowl until the texture of the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the raw sugar and almonds.
- Whisk the eggs, yoghurt and banana in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Sift the combined self-raising flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Return the husks to the bowl. Stir in the brown sugar until combined. Stir in the yoghurt mixture until combined. Cut half of the apricots into pieces and fold through the batter. Spoon into the prepared tin. Top with the remaining apricot halves and sprinkle with the topping. Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cut into 5cm x 7.5cm rectangles.