Roast lamb with mint salsa verde
1 x 3 second spray(s)
Lean lamb leg roast, raw
1120 g, (1.6kg), fat trimmed
640 g, (Desiree), chopped
2 medium, thickly sliced
Whole grain mustard
Capers, rinsed, drained
1 tsp, chopped
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 cup(s), finely chopped
½ cup(s), finely chopped
Green beans, cooked
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Using a sharp knife, cut twelve 2cm incisions in lamb. Insert a slice of garlic into each incision. Season lamb with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Place in a baking dish and top with rosemary sprigs. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until just tender. Drain. Combine 2 tablespoons juice and half the oil in a large bowl. Add potatoes and turn to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place potatoes in a baking dish and bake in oven with lamb for the last 45 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer lamb to a plate. Discard rosemary. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly. Increase oven temperature to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Add capsicum to potatoes and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine remaining juice and oil in a bowl. Add mustard, capers, 1 tablespoon water, parsley and mint. Stir salsa verde to combine.
- Serve lamb with salsa verde, roast potatoes and capsicum, and beans.