Francoise's custard Easter nests
2 hr 30 min
2 cup(s), (500ml)
Milk chocolate egg, speckled
60 g, (12 mini eggs)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 12-hole ⅓ cup (80ml) capacity non-stick muffin tray with oil.
- Separate each filo pastry sheet. Gather each sheet and twist to form a nest. Place in the tray and repeat until the tray is filled with nests.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down.
- To make the custard filling whisk the milk, custard powder, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan. Once combined place on a stove at medium heat and continue to whisk until custard thickens.
- Spoon custard into nests and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Decorate with speckled chocolate eggs before serving.