Eggplant, ricotta and lentil stacks
1 cup(s), (200g) green puy variety
2 large, cut crossways into 1.5cm-thick slices (24 slices)
1 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
400 g, mixed baby, halved
⅓ cup(s), shredded
red wine vinegar
reduced-fat ricotta cheese
¾ cup(s), (180g) crumbled
baby spinach leaves
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook the lentils in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill to high. Lightly spray eggplant with oil. Add half eggplant to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften. Stir in lentils and heat through. Stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and remaining oil in a small bowl.
- Place 1 eggplant slice on each of eight serving plates. Top with one-third of the spinach, half the lentil mixture, then half the ricotta cheese. Repeat layering with the eggplant, add half the remaining spinach, the remaining lentil mixture and ricotta cheese. Top with remaining eggplant slices, then spinach. Drizzle over dressing. Serve.