Community Ground Rules | WW NZ
Welcome! We're so glad you've decided to participate in the WeightWatchers community. Members come to our community for inspiration and support in their weight-loss journey. Our Community Guidelines listed below are intended to keep the WeightWatchers community a safe and supportive space for all.
By participating, you're agreeing to observe all of our Community Guidelines, which are part of our Terms and Conditions. If you fail to observe these guidelines, we reserve the right to remove any posts or comments and/or suspend or terminate your participation in our community. Posts that are or become divisive will be removed. Please join us in making our WeightWatchers community a safe and inclusive space for all.
- BE KIND. Please be tolerant of everyone you meet, even if you disagree with their opinions. Look to encourage members on making progress, Remember—we’re all in it together! The WeightWatchers community is a place for you to share your weight loss and wellness journey with others; we encourage you to share your tips and suggestions on how living the WeightWatchers program has worked for you! Threats of violence and the use of foul language as personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- DON’T DISCRIMINATE. WeightWatchers does not condone discrimination or hate speech based upon, but not limited to, race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or physical appearance.
- USE APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, VISUALS, AND ACTIONS. Don't use language, visuals, or audio that are sexually explicit or inviting, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable. This includes the use of foul or discriminatory language, usernames, visuals, video backgrounds, clothing, targeting, and imagery.
- KEEP IT CLEAN. Nudity is prohibited in all WeightWatchers experiences. On Connect, underwear or swimwear pictures are allowed as long as their intent isn’t sexual and you can’t see full nipples, glutes or genitalia through the underwear. Please avoid content that exposes these areas or features sexually explicit material.
- PRESERVE TRUST AND SAFETY. Threats of violence and stalking of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in removal from all community experiences.
- BYPASS THE POLITICS. While our weight loss and wellness is impacted by our surroundings, please do not use this platform to solicit, lobby, and/or promote political campaigns or individuals. Political posts or comments that include but are not limited to partisan, contain vitriol, invite debate, attempt to impose your political view on other members or call out the perceived wrong doing of specific political leaders, belief systems of governments are prohibited.
- RESPECT ALL SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. Keep in mind that members are coming to WeightWatchers from a wide variety of backgrounds and beliefs. Please don’t create posts that push religious beliefs on others or criticize another’s lack of religious belief.
- SAY NO TO SPAM. Please keep ALL WeightWatchers experiences commercial/ad free. Don’t post links to ecommerce sites, promotional materials, phishing, pyramid schemes, fundraising efforts and charity drives, or any other form of solicitation. Members are allowed to share products that have helped on their journey as long as there are no promo codes associated with a product —all promo codes are prohibited.
- NO PROMOTIONAL MENTIONS/TALK. Please keep all WeightWatchers experiences free from promotional conversations, including but not limited to WeightWatchers current plan offers.
- RESPECT COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS. Please be aware that if you post or link any copyrighted information, you may be held responsible by the information owner. WeightWatchers is not responsible for any posts that violate copyright laws. Copyrighted information may include content from another website, a recipe from a book, images, and Intellectual Property. If you see a recipe with Points® values that another member has created, please know that WeightWatchers has not validated these Points values.
- RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF OTHERS. Please be mindful of the privacy of others and don’t post anything that reveals someone’s personal information such as their full name, phone number, email or residential address, social security or credit card number, other member’s photos or any other information without their consent. WW is not responsible for any of your own private information you choose to share with other members.
- WW IS FOR ADULTS. All WeightWatchers experiences are designed for adults over the age of 18+. You may not enroll in a WeightWatchers membership if you are under age 18. We will terminate any membership where we become aware that the individual is under the age of 18.
- LEAVE MEDICAL ADVICE TO DOCTORS. It is prohibited for you to share or offer any kind of physical or mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment, or advice to other members (even if you are a licensed or registered medical professional or share the same medical condition). The WeightWatchers Community is not a forum for providing professional medical or mental health advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always refer to your doctor for all such questions, concerns and advice.
What should I do?
WORKSHOP. If you feel that another member is in violation of these guidelines in a Workshop, report to your Workshop staff members.
CONNECT. You can report other members’ posts by clicking on the three dot menu and tapping "Report Post". If you prefer to not see another member’s posts, simply remove them from your feed by choosing “block member” after tapping on the three dot menu next to the username. In the future, these members' posts and comments won’t show up on your feed. They also won’t be able to see your posts and comments. Don’t worry, they won’t know you’ve blocked them.
WHAT TO DO IF SOMEONE NEEDS HELP. If you think a Connect member needs help please click on the three dot menu and tap "Report Post" and choose option “Member may need help”. If it is a comment, on iOS swipe left and on Android do a long press to "Report Comment" and choose option “Member may need help”. Our customer care team will review and respond accordingly.
If you are struggling or need help, please visit our Mental Health Resources