Zucchini fries with lemon and dill
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 cup(s), (75g)
1 tbs, chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthways. Slice each half into four long spears and place in a large bowl (you should have 24 fries). Add flour to bowl and toss to coat.
- Whisk egg, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, dill and zest in another shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip a zucchini spear in egg mixture and turn to coat. Gently shake off any excess. Next, place in breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat. Place on prepared tray and repeat with remaining ingredients (make sure fries do not touch or overlap).
- Lightly spray fries with oil and bake for 25 minutes or until brown and crunchy. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for a few minutes.