Vegetable soufflé omelettes
60 g, (1/2 cup) grated
Canned corn kernels in brine, rinsed, drained
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
200 g, finely chopped
1 medium, finely chopped
1 small, finely chopped
2 individual, finely chopped
8 medium, separated
Reduced fat oil spread
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Boil the sweet potato for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini, capsicum and shallot, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the sweet potato and corn and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Lightly beat egg yolks with 2 tablespoons water in a large bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites in a large clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture in 2 batches.
- Preheat grill on high. Melt half the spread in the same pan over medium heat. Pour half the egg mixture into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until browned underneath. Place pan under grill and cook 2 minutes or until the top is just set.
- Spoon half the vegetable mixture over one half of the omelette, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold omelette over and slide onto a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining spread, egg mixture and vegetable mixture to make two omelettes. Cut the omelettes in half. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve.