Veal patties with sweet potato mash
4 - 7
PersonalPoints™ per serving
A five-ingredient feast the whole family will enjoy. This one’s easy on the waistline and the hip pocket.
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
750 g, peeled, chopped
Trimmed diced veal
400 g, mince
3 individual, trimmed, thinly sliced
Tomato pasta sauce
- Cook sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12-15 mins or until tender. Drain well, return to saucepan and mash until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine mince and shallots in a medium bowl. Shape mixture into 24 patties.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 3 mins each side or until browned. Add pasta sauce to pan, return patties to pan and simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 mins or until sauce is heated through.
- Boil, steam or microwave broccoli until tender.
- Divide mash between serving plates, top with patties and sauce. Serve with broccoli.