Veal, artichoke and lemon ragu
Lean veal leg steak
400 g, (Buy 500g) fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
2 medium, stems trimmed, outer leaves removed, quartered
8 whole, baby variety
3 clove(s), thinly sliced
1 cup(s), (250ml)
1 tbs, (3 sprigs) lemon variety
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
180 g, orecchiette
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 cup(s), leaves
- Place veal and flour in a large bowl and toss to coat. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook veal, turning, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat same pan over medium-high heat. Cook artichokes, leeks and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Return veal to pan with stock, thyme, juice and rind and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until veal is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
- Top pasta with ragu and sprinkle with parsley. Season with salt and pepper to serve.